Early Readers. Future Leaders: Pinellas Campaign for Grade-Level Reading aims to increase 3rd grade reading proficiency by addressing five issues that often hinder children’s ability to read:
- Every Day Counts Attendance Campaign: Help spread a positive school attendance message through posters, banners and social media messages, and follow us at #SchoolEveryDay!
- Attendance: Click on the infograph below to see why early grade attendance is so crucial and what we can do about it.
- Healthy Readers: Click the infograph below to see how health factors influence reading success
- Parent Engagement: Click the infograph below for some tips to help you and your children succeed together
- School Readiness: Click the infograph below for a list of school readiness skills and how poverty impacts them
- Summer Learning: Click on the infograph below to see how the achievement gap grows over the summer.
More links to the latest research regarding these five key issues as well as tips for addressing them is coming soon. Visit the Tips for Parents page for resources and information that can help parents excel as their child’s first teacher.